Beachmere is within easy driving distance to many tourist attractions as it is in the middle of the north coast region situated half-way between Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast. Ideas for a day out:.
View Maps here
- 40/45 mins to Brisbane Airport
- 40/45 mins Sunshine Coast Airport, Maroochydore
- Caboolture has regular train service to Brisbane. Park at the station and 45 mins express to the CBD.
- 7 mins Caboolture/Morayfield Major Shopping Complex
- 15/20 mins Alma Park Zoo, Dakabin.
- 1 hr Woodford Folk Festival/cattle country
- 20 mins.Toorbul Point “Kangaroos have right of way” in the street and foreshore, fishing, bowls.
- Charter Moreton Bay (fishing/diving Flinders Reef) and seasonal whale watching.
- 15/20 mins to Bribie Island Water skiing; swimming, golf, fishing, 4WD along beach, free tours of wild flowers from National Park.
- Surfing at Woorim (other side of the island 10 mins drive)
- 15 mins. Pacific Harbour (just before going over the Bridge)
- Red Beach - pooches welcome.
- 20 mins Redcliffe where you can:
- For the adventurous, experience the thrill of a tandem parachute jump landing on the beach, or take a joy flight over Redcliffe and Moreton Bay
- Cruise, sail or kayak Moreton Bay where between June and November you can watch the migration of humpback whales
- Visit Settlement Cove's swimming lagoon and acquatic playground
- Browse the Redcliffe Museum, galleries and shops for artworks, antiques, crafts and collectables
- Explore the city's picturesque coastal bikeways or fish from one of its jetties, beaches or the Hornibrook Highway bridge
- Take a self-guided tourist drive along the Redcliffe foreshore
- See the pelicans being fed fish scraps at Pelican Park, Clontarf, at 10 each morning
- Settle in for some quiet fishing time at Woody Point or try your luck from the Redcliffe jetty
- 40 mins to Maroochydore/Mooloolaba
- 30 mins to Caloundra (surfing Kings Beach)
- 90 mins to Noosa
Sunshine Coast Hinterland
- 30 mins Australia Zoo (home of Croc Hunter)
- 30 mins Glasshouse Mountains;
- 60 mins Maleny/Montville/Mapleton.
- Seven golf courses country and coastal within a half hour drive, eg
- Beerwah, Caboolture, Woodford, Pacific Harbour, Bribie Island, Pelican Waters, Twin Waters
- League Clubs, eg RSL Caboolture, Sports Club at Morayfield.
- Bowls Clubs, eg Bribie Island, Caboolture, Beachmere.
- Somerset Dam
- Glasshouse Mountains
- 5 mins Kangaroos feeding early morning and late evening (Bakers Flat Road)
- 20 mins.Toorbul Point “Kangaroos have right of way” in the street and foreshore.
D'Aguliar Mountain Ranges
- Wineries at Mt Nebo and Ocean View at Mt Mee will add a splash of.red and white to your weekend.
- Escape to Dayboro a historic town located in the region's south west. Set among rolling hills and country air, the township is bursting with character boasting an art gallery, craft, food and antique shops.
- 90 mins Drive to Somerset Dam via Kilcoy
4 x 4 Driving
- 4 x 4 Fun from the rugged mountain terrain of the D'Agullar National Park at Mt Mee
- Beach driving along sand at Bribie Island. Permits for beach driving are available from the Dept of Environment & Resource Management.
- Four-legged family fun with your pooches at Clontarf, Caboolture, Deception Bay, North Lakes, Bunya, Bray Park, Warner and Dakabin as well as Red Beach at Bribie Island.
- There is also a dog park at Beachmere right at the very end of Biggs Avenue.
- Horse Riding at Kurwongbah, Wamuran, and Bunya.